Sunday, October 19, 2008

The great trip to Chicago

I want to talk about my break before this term began. I planed a trip to Chicago with 6 friends. All of us had never been there, so we were so excited before we left Carbondale. First, we took 7:00 am Armtrack and it took 5 hours and half to get to Chicago. It was so long trip but we enjoyed talking, eating snacks and seeing landscape in the Armtrack. And we finally arrived at Chicago! There were a lot of fashionable people and high buildings. We were excited more and more. We left our baggage in the station and went to the Chicago museum. There were many paintings and art of all over the world. After that, we went shopping in downtown. On the second day, we went to downtown again to ate Chicago pizza for lunch. It was the main event of this trip. The pizza was big, but we were hungry so we ordered 3 pizzas! They made us happy and full. On the third day, we went to Mitsuwa which is like Japanese supermarket. Many Japanese worked there and they sold Japanese stuff. We bought a lot of Japanese things which we can't get in Carbondale. After shopping, we ate ramen and Nattou at food court in Mitsuwa. They were so good!! I had missed Japanese food, so I was happy that I ate them. On the fourth day, we got up early to go to cheesecake factory. I love cheesecake, so I looked forward to it so much. There were many kinds of cheesecake, so each of us ordered different cheesecake. All of them were very good. After that, we went to China town. On that day, the Chicago marathon were held, so there were many people. We can't shop stores enough because of it. However It was lucky that we could see the Chicago marathon. At 4:00, we took to go back to Carbondale. The trip was long so we could go to various places and enjoy them, but Chicago is huge and there are a lot of places to where I haven't been yet. I have plan to go to Chicago in winter vacation. I want to enjoy Chicago again.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed Chicago so much. I love the city too!!
You guys got a lot done in a short time!! It must have been a blast!