Monday, October 6, 2008

School in Japan and School in America

I think that there are a lot of differences between high school in Japan and that in America. They have many good points for students. I like both of Japanese system and American system. First, I want to talk about the good point of Japanese system. In Japan, students usually wear uniforms in almost all of high schools. There are various uniforms in Japan, and almost girls like the custom of wearing uniform. The girl high school students, especially, enjoy wearing their uniform, and they express their character by own way to wear it. The most popular uniform is sailor suit for girls. I also like it but I couldn't wear it when I was a high school student, because my uniform was blazer. Another reason why the uniform is popular in Japan is that we don't have to bother from what we wear each day. So Japanese students often wear uniform when they go out even on holiday. Second, I'll talk about the good point of American system. In America, students aren't binded by the school rules. They are so free as compared with Japanese students. In Japan, there are a lot of school rules in each school. The degree of severity of it depends on schools, but almost students aren't allowed to dye their hair, wear earings, painting their fingernails and making up. In America, however, students can do these things freely. So when I was a high school student, I envy the American students so much. Thus both of them have each good points, so I wonder if there is school which has both of good points. If the school exists, I want to go to the school again and enjoy school life freely with wearing sailor suit.

1 comment:

Anna said...

You are cute. I'm sure the Sailor Uniform looks adorable on you too.